Today we released 11.2, the new and sparkly version of Your Members, initially to premium support customers with general release coming soon after.
YM 11.2 contains some exciting new features.
These new features will be summarised below, but more detail can be found on the change log.
This release includes the inclusion of two new major payment gateways, GoCardless (UK) and Stripe. More information about these gateways in general and why you might want to use them can be found via the links. Have a read, we think the direct debit options in GoCardless and the fact it’s processing fees are 1%!!!! will be a huge boon for UK customers.
So what’s new in your Members11.2?
- New Gateway: We have a totally new and exciting gateway option Stripe. It’s only for US based sites at the moment but will be coming to UK soon (yay!). Stripe makes use of iFrames, so appears to be taking payments inside your site without you taking any card data. This greatly reduces your PCI-DSS compliance scope, making your life easier!
- New Gateway: The second gateway we have added is just for the UK and is GoCardless. This gateway is for taking direct debit payments with just 1% processing fee! GoCardless supports one off and recurring packages, but due to Direct Debits taking several days to clear not Bundles or Post purchases. It can however be combined with other gateways, so why not add a direct debit option to your site!
- 2Checkout: While 2Checkout still sadly doesn’t support a trial payment option we have updated it to include a startup fee. This unique feature allows you to partially mimic trials and take a 1 time fee prior to commencing regular billing.
- Invoice Gateway changes: You can now undo an invoice, and see all invoiced users to simplify processing and managing on the backend.
Sparkly New Features
- You now have the ability to specify if individual pages should be served over SSL, via the admin area. This allows registration flows, user profiles etc to be run over https.
- Using the CSV Import function? It’s been rewritten- so it should now be even easier to use
- You can now display your logs by “Log Group ID”, so you can view all logs of a given transaction at once.
- There are a whole host of new ways to filter users on the member management page. You can now do it by UserName, Custom Field, Package or Package Type
- Want all your WordPress emails to come from the same place? Well now you can, by enabling the “Email From” filter to apply across all emails WordPress sends
- You now have the ability to change the button text used when people unsubscribe, make it something catchy and they might change their mind!
- You can now change the text which links to the upgrade page on your site, great for enhanced selling
Payment Gateways can now charge at different times of day. This is great if you are wanting to give subscribers half day access
- If you are using Registration flows, you will now be able to redirect users attempting to login via wp-login.php?action=register to your flow page. This gives a much more professional look to the site
In addition a range of small bugs has been fixed. For full details of all new features and bug fixes see Your Members 11.2 change log.
As always please follow the upgrade instructions carefully.
Specifically you must do the following:
- If running a caching plugin disable the plugin before updating
- Check you are running WordPress 3.3 or higher
- Backup your WordPress site
- Disable caching plugins if active
- Run the automatic update, or download and upload as appropriate
- Once completed visit the Your Members dashboard and allow Your Members to run it’s DB upgrade script
- Enable caching plugins
- Have a cup of tea!
If you have any problems don’t hesitate to contact us on the forums.
Your Members Updating
Is your business dependent on the smooth running of Your Members?
Did you know you can get the Your Members team to upgrade you?
Our Install and update service is available to all our customers, charged as a one off premium support incident. This includes complete site backup, updating of Your Members and testing, to make sure it’s working as expected.
With the Your Members team managing your update you have the peace of mind and security that comes with the plugin authors doing the update.
Click Here For more information or to get started email firstname.lastname@example.org